Summer Internship 2019
Summer Internship 2019
We are very excited to introduce another Scholar Support Services Program…The Sokol Foundation Internship Program. This will be a PAID summer internship at a non-profit in Boca Raton/Delray Beach, and the details of the program are listed below. Please click on the non-profit’s name at the bottom of the page that is linked to a complete job description and apply for the one or two internships that best fits you. All interns will be expected to adhere to all non-profit policies such as attendance and work hours, conduct, work rules and all procedures governing professional workplace behavior. Remember…you will be representing the George Snow Scholarship Fund!
- American Association of Caregiving Youth – Boca Raton, FL
- Florence Fuller Child Development Centers, Inc. – Boca Raton, FL
- George Snow Scholarship Fund – Boca Raton, FL
- Habitat for Humanity of South Palm Beach County – Delray Beach, FL
- Nat King Cole Generation Hope, Inc. – Boca Raton, FL
- Scholars can apply for up to 2 non-profit internships. If you choose to apply to two non-profits, then you must submit separate required paperwork for each one.
- Submit a resume and one professional reference with contact information.
- Submit a cover letter addressing the following:
1. The specific internship opportunities you are applying for.
2. Your career goals.
3. A description of “Why I want an internship at a non-profit?”
- ALL PAPERWORK MUST BE SUBMITTED BY JANUARY 25, 2019 to Pam Perrin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interview Notifications: February 2019
Requirements and Responsibilities of the Intern
- MUST be a George Snow Scholar and enrolled in an accredited college/university as a current Freshman, Sophomore or Junior.
- Is legally able to work in the United States.
- Will complete all required testing, if applicable, for the non-profit to which application is being made. (Example: drug testing, finger printing, background check, etc.)
- Is available for an in-person interview. For those applicants who are unable to participate in an in-person panel interview, a phone or Skype interview may be arranged and substituted for the in-person interview. The interviews will be conducted by the non-profit.
- May 2019 – July 2019 (the dates will vary depending on the non-profit)
- The George Snow Scholarship Fund and Florence Fuller Child Development Centers would like the internship start date to be May 13, 2019. The other non-profits start dates are flexible.
- Stipend - $4,500
- The above amount is the total amount you will receive for your summer internship and is based on a $15.00 per hour for a maximum of 300 working hours.
We look forward to receiving your information. If you have any questions, please email or call Pam Perrin at email@example.com or 561.347.6799.
CLICK ON THE NAME OF THE NON-PROFIT BELOW TO SEE A COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION.
American Association of Caregiving Youth
Florence Fuller Child Development Centers, Inc.
George Snow Scholarship Fund
Habitat for Humanity of South Palm Beach County
Nat King Cole Generation Hope, Inc.