“Initially the George Snow Scholarship Fund began as a memorial to one philanthropic and devoted man, but it has grown to be much more than that. It is a community asset—a family of individuals, businesses, and community service organizations sharing the belief that education is the key to a better life, a better community, and a better country.” Tim Snow, President
The George Snow Scholarship Fund is dedicated to helping individuals with financial need through a scholarship program for residents of Palm Beach County who are continuing their education. Our goal is to help deserving individuals within our community achieve their career goals, an objective which has the added benefit of bettering the community at large. In short, our goal is to ensure that no deserving scholar in our community will be deprived of higher education because of a shortage of funds.
About the Organization
The George Snow Scholarship Fund, a Boca Raton-based 501(c)3 Public Charity, provides educational grants to some of our areas brightest and most deserving young scholars. These scholarships are four-year commitments and are designed to bridge the gap between other financial aid and what the scholar and their families can afford. In addition, the Scholarship Fund provides support services designed to benefit their scholars. No other organization of this kind provides so much support to their scholarship recipients.
- Founded in 1982 as the George Snow Foundation, a Private Foundation.
- Renamed in 1992 as the George Snow Scholarship Fund, a more accurate description of our mission.
- Reclassified by the Internal Revenue Service in 1996 as a Public Charity.
Scope of Awards
- Awarded $7,336,508.15 in educational grants since inception.
- Assisted 1540 of our community’s most deserving Scholars.
- Award primarily 4-year commitments to graduating high school seniors entering into their first year of college or vocational school.
- Graduate Scholarships available to Snow Scholars.
- In 2015 the Scholarship Fund awarded $615,791.15 in scholarships and scholars support services to 67 Snow Scholars
Support Services and Added Value Programs available to all Snow Scholars
- College Care Packages
- College Make-over’s
- College Physicals
- College Gift Baskets
- Computers and College Supply Program
- Graduate School Scholarships
- High School to College: Tools for a Successful Transition Program
- Monday’s Motivational Messages
- Emergency Fund
- Summer Jobs Program
- Resume Writing & Interview Skills Workshops
- 90 +/- % of Snow Scholars graduate from college. Compared to 52.8% national average.
- Average grade point average of graduating Snow Scholars is 3.546 on a 4-point scale.
- 94.12% of Snow Scholars work while at school an average of 22.22 hours per week.
- 92.16% of Snow Scholars work during the summer an average of 35.53 hours per week.
- 39.22% come from single parent families.
- 35.29% are the first in their family to attend college.
- 21.12% go on to achieve an advanced degree.
“I am so grateful for all the love you have shown me over the past months. Between the funding and the care package, I truly felt cared for. I love you guys so much and the words on this note will never be able to tell you.”
University of South Florida
“Thank you so much for everything. I am so grateful to be a part of the George Snow family and for the financial assistance you have provided me to allow me to realize my dream of attending Harvard University.”
Regenerative Biology Major
“This is an amazing program and I am so thankful for everything that’s been done for me. Without the support of this program, my college experience wouldn’t have been possible. I can’t wait to help out students like myself when I’m older.”
University of Central Florida
Molecular and Microbiology Major